|Basic info about the academy|
|📆 Established: 2065 BS|
|🗺️ Sallaghari 17, Bhaktapur|
|📧 [email protected]|
|🏛️ Ownership: Private|
|🎓 Affiliation: CTEVT|
About Dr. Iwamura Memorial Hospital & Research Center
Late Dr. Noboru Iwamura was the first Japanese Volunteer to come to Nepal under the UMN Program. He served selflessly in different parts of Nepal including Bhaktapur for over 22 years. Dr. Iwamura was a hope for the people suffering from Tuberculosis. He spread the message that TB can be cured and he cured many with his portable X-ray machine that he used to carry along with him. His untiring dedication towards the poor and deprived population of remote villages who suffered from Tuberculosis laid foundation for development of facilities for Chest Medicine in Nepal. He played key roll in establishing Tuberculosis Hospital, Palpa Mission Hospital, the National Tuberculosis Centre and SAARC Tuberculosis Centre.
Born in Japan on the 26th of May, 1927 and a survivor of the Hirosima Bombing of 1945, Dr. Iwamura died at the age of 78, on 27th of November, 2005 due to Blood Cancer.
In memory of this great personality, Dr. Iwamura Memorial Hospital was established in Bhaktapur in 1998 and started its operation in 2001. Since January, 2005, local community people participated in this Hospital as the main stakeholders and took over the management. Since then the Hospital is continuously progressing and expanding its facilities providing reliable and affordable medical services to the community people.
Dr. Iwamura Memorial hospital and Research Center has lunched the academic program with the name Iwamura College of health science since 2008 AD (2065 BS) with the affiliation of CTEVT & NHPC.
In order to cater quality education in health sector it encourages innovative teaching practices to meet the academic and professional to the students.
It offers ongoing opportunities to all students even after graduation in their chosen field.
- To promote the nation by the produce of technical man power in health sector.
- Taught by skilled and experienced teachers and fully facilitated infrastructure for students.
- To lunch different facilities of health sector.
- To produce a technical manpower for student’s.
- PCL in Radiography | Duration: 3 years | Entry qualification: SEE pass
- PCL in Medical Laboratory Technology (CMLT)
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- PCL Nursing (Staff Nurse)
- PCL in General Medicine Health Assistant (HA) | Duration: 3 years | Entry qualification: SEE pass
- TSLC in Medical Lab Technology ( Lab Assistant) | Duration: 3 years | Entry qualification: SEE pass
For further details, contact