|Basic info about the academy|
|📆 Established: 2066 B.S.|
|🗺️ Shantinagar, Kathmandu|
|☎️ 01-4107817, 01-41076577|
|📧 [email protected]|
|🏛️ Ownership: Private|
|🎓 Affiliation: NEB, Tribhuvan University (T.U)|
About Glacier International Higher Secondary School
Glacier International SS/College was established in 2066 by a group of professionals academicians with a mission to impart international-based quality education to the students to bring change in the behaviour, conduct, attitude and perspective of looking at the world and people around them. It does not only empower them with academic knowledge and skills but also encourage and motivate them to become better human beings. GIC is making all its effort to achieve a new goal, reach a new height and score measurable and visible success in the field of college education through the streams of Science, Management and Humanities. It aims to promote the academic level of the country with the fast-changing trend of the world and prepares the human manpower with the skills to accept the global challenges and fits the needs of the present-day world.
With the establishment, Glacier has made commitments to provide creative, useful and practical education in various fields. There are plenty of challenges ahead and we have plans to face them squarely. Our march forward is assured also because the communities of parents, students and well-wishers have always been supportive and active to engage with us in our promotional activities that target to bring their dream come true.
- To achieve and sustain in excellence and teaching in teaching and research, enriching local, national and international communities through our exploration, the skills of alumni, and the publishing academic and educational material.
- Earthquake resistant building with open space and airy classrooms
- Centrally located at Shantinagar, Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Easily accessible by public vehicles from all parts of the valley
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty
- Multimedia and super-intensive classrooms
- A co-operative and academic environment
- Internship and research-based education
- Pre-medical and pre-engineering classes
- Regular field visit, case study, project work and seminar
- Well-equipped labs, library and playground along with hygienic cafeteria
- Computer lab with 24 hours of internet surfing
- Hostel facilities for boys and girls separately
- One student one club activities policy
- Effective management system
- The credibility of its founders in terms of team experience, team unity, team performance and overall teamwork
- The success story in terms of student performance and impact on society
- Community/student rating as a viable institution
- Special and individual attention for the round development of students
- Special provision to provide consultancy to our students who need regular assistance for their balanced growth and desired level of performance
- Personality development and confidence boost up training
Glacier management is fully aware of the fact that today, students move around cities in search of a good, prestigious academic institution to grow with their career leading to a successful professional life. A large percentage of their population needs support from the institutions they want to enrol in. Keeping this into consideration, Glacier management has decided to offer a wide variety of scholarship programs to assist their smooth studies and progress towards a career.
For enrollment in this academic year, there will be the following categories of scholarships available to the students on a completion basis.
- Excellent performance in SEE.
- Extraordinary performance in the districts.
- Top among females of the districts, schools
- Natural calamity and Conflict victims’ family.
- Dalit, remote dweller, disadvantaged group
- Artists’ connection – recommendation
- Media connection and recommendation.
- Sports sector recommendation.
- NEB recommendations.
- Others – depending on needs as per the evaluation of college.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Studies (MBS)
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
- 10+2 Humanities
- 10+2 Management
- 10+2 Science