|Basic info about the academy|
|📆 Established: 2052|
|🗺️ Pepsicola, Kathmandu|
|☎️ 01-4991230, 01-4990039, 9851063505|
|📧 [email protected], [email protected]|
|🏛️ Ownership: Private|
|🎓 Affiliation: NEB|
About Greenwich Academy
After the overthrow of the Rana Regime in 1951, great effort was taken to establish Nepal Education System. National Education Planning Commission was established in 1954, National Education Committee in 1964 and the National Education Advisory Board in 1968. All these efforts were undertaken to upgrade Nepal Education System. Education of Nepal has only recently started to develop. Nepal education has suffered a lot during the Rana Regime here when education was suppressed and after that Education was given to aristocratic people of the society. New Education System of Nepal was established in 1971. As a part of the five-year plan, it was established to address individual needs, needs of society as a whole to mark national development. The main objective of the Education system of Nepal was to develop midlevel managers and skilled manpower. Universal Primary education with an emphasis on Nepali medium was the main agenda. In 1980, there was an increase in private schools. Free school education policy and education for all became the slogan in the 90’s. Nepal’s education system is based on the pattern of the United States. It has received much help while forming the curriculum. From Grade 1- 5 is considered primary education while, 6-8 secondary and 9-10 upper secondary. The classes 11 and 12 are together considered higher secondary. A school leaving Certificate is granted to students after passing class ten. Education, Science, Humanities are the streams offered after for Higher Secondary and a certificate is issued after the exam. Technical schools are also there.
- To be a nationally reputed learning centre recognized for academic excellence in teaching and research.
- Inspires academic excellence.
- Nurtures respect for self, other and the environment, curiosity, creativity, and imagination.
- Awakens the human spirit.
- To discover their capacity to live in peace.
- To learn without boundaries throughout their lifetimes.
- To find meaningful work.
- To Inspire a person for excellence.
- To produce the successful manpower for managerial excellence.
- To provide a quality education that meets the need of the present world.
Top comments (0)