|Basic info about the academy|
|📆 Established: 2000 A.D|
|🗺️ Chaysal, Lalitpur|
|☎️ 01-5540555, 01-5554636, 01-5554297, 01-5554287|
|📧 [email protected]|
|🏛️ Ownership: Private|
|🎓 Affiliation: Tribhuvan University (T.U)|
About Himalaya College of Engineering
Himalaya College of Engineering (HCOE) is affiliated to Tribhuvan University (TU), Nepal. Established in June 2000 AD, it is producing qualified engineers who are the backbone of development of the nation. The aim of the College is to provide quality engineering education and produce competent engineering graduates. The bachelor of engineering of the Institute of Engineering (IOE), TU being implemented in the College are in Computer, Electronics and Communication, and Civil and Bachelor of architecture, and B Sc in Computer Science and Information Technology (BSc CSIT) of Institute of Science and Technology. The college has been managed by a strong team of professionals and academicians who possess enough experience in educational networks for a long time. The College has been associated with KMC Educational Network since May 2007 and it has expanded programmes and gained strength since its association with the network.
The College is located at Chyasal, Lalitpur which is easy access from all direction. The college is extended in an area of 19 and a half Ropani with a seven-storey building and other five lab buildings. All the academic and administrative programmes as per the standard laid down by IOE have been maintained in this infrastructure. As a part of teaching-learning processes, seminars, workshops and training are frequently conducted through the semesters with a field visit, project works and field works. So, the college assures quality education required for the students in the present context and assists them in pursuing their professional and educational goals. The BE graduates have shown professionally competence in computer, electronics and communication, civil engineering and architecture sector. Even the HCOE students have achieved the highest scores in IOE semester examinations. The College is proud of all the students who have passed out and have got well-deserved positions in different institutions in the country and abroad as well.
The College has accorded equal priority to extra-curricular activities. Inter college and intra college sport competitions are held every year. Its robotics team had got first position (Grand Prix) in inter-engineering college competition held in Kathmandu in 2065. Our students have participated in Tech Fest organized by IIT Mumbai, India in 2011 and 2013 and . The club also actively participates in many Robotics Competitions in Nepal.
- The mission of the College is to provide quality technical education and prepare competitive technical graduates in the nation that enables its products to face new challenges of the country, and also to compete in the modern world by implementing short term, medium-term and long term strategic plans.
- The Vision of HCOE is to establish itself as one of the major centres of learning in the field of science and engineering through conducting different educational programmes of engineering and providing research, training and consulting service in these fields.
- To enhance the technological capabilities of the country through quality education to the students and produce qualified, skilled and competent engineers required for the nation.
- To promote quality engineering education through different training, programmes, research work, material testing research labs, and various consultancy services of engineering in future.
- To produce quality engineering expert and managers as highly qualified human resources by offering MSc degree in various engineering and science discipline in future
- Extracurricular Activities
- B.E. Civil
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- B.E. Electronics and Communication
- B.E. Computer Engineering
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology (B.Sc.CSIT)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
Himalaya College of Engineering has six buildings covering an area of three and a half Ropanis at Chaysal, Lalitpur. These buildings have sufficient space for classrooms, labs, workshops, offices, a seminar hall and a research centre.
- Classes from experienced and competitive faculty members.
- Well-equipped labs.
- Well-stocked library.
- Well-arranged, ventilated, echo-free and comfortable classrooms.
- Use of different teaching aids such as overhead projector, multimedia in lecture halls.
- Encouragement of individual student to undertake various learning activities.
- Provision of different scholarship schemes.
- The full-fledged facility of high-speed internet.
- Dynamics and ever success Robotics Club.
- Emphasis on extra-curricular activities.
- Students ‘ Council award for the semester and batch toppers.
- Emphasis on academic and infrastructure developments after association with Kathmandu Model College (KMC) since 2007.
Students who have passed the entrance examination conducted by IOE are eligible for admission to HCOE. Students having a minimum score of 45% in I. Sc. or 10+2 (physical group or biological group with two paper mathematics) or diploma in engineering or an equivalent course recognized by TU can appear in the entrance examination. students who passed the IOE entrance exam are admitted on merit basis. The eligible students have to fill up the online form on the website http://entrance.ioe.edu.np or www.ioe.edu.np and have to appear in a two-hour computer-based examination. Following are the subjects for the examination: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Basic Concept of Drawing.
The examination includes all objective questions with full marks of 100. International students do not have to appear in the entrance test; they are selected by the special entrance committee managed by IOE.
Successful students are admitted on merit basis. They have to fill up the college admission form and will be admitted with a commitment to college rules and regulation.
Himalaya College of Engineering (HCOE) awards full-scholarship as IOE Scholarship to 10 percent students of total enrolment in all the programmes throughout all semesters.
Himalaya College of Engineering (HCOE) also provides partial scholarships to a few meritorious and intelligent students.
Besides, the student scoring the highest marks in a semester is awarded semester topper scholarship which includes 50 percent of a semester ‘s tuition fee.
The student scoring the highest marks among all the students in a semester in IOE is awarded semester topper in a semester in IOE is awarded semester topper scholarship which includes 100 percent of the respective semester s tuition fee.
Top comments (0)