|Basic info about the academy|
|📆 Established: 1997 AD|
|🗺️ Sallery-2, Solukhumbu|
|📧 [email protected]|
|🏛️ Ownership: Private|
|🎓 Affiliation: CTEVT|
About Himalayan Health and Education
Himalayan Health and Environmental Services Solukhumbu (HHESS) is a non-governmental and non-profit organization legally registered at District Administration Office, Solukhumbu in August 30, 1994 and affiliated with Social Welfare Council, Nepal in December 26, 1994.
HHESS has been designing and implementing programmes to improve the living conditions of poor and vulnerable rural communities in Nepal since its inception. Our core areas are Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition, Basic Education, infrastructure and capacity building.
HHESS has been working with external donor organizations in the field of reproductive health, education, conservation, environment preservation and prominently in the field of health and nutrition with a focus to help reduce high rate of maternal and child malnutrition in Nepal.
Core philosophy of HHESS is guided by its organizational commitment to help bring about an awareness of reproductive health, nutrition and basic education and improve rural infrastructures in these sectors through measures of capacity building of the rural poor living in remote areas of Nepal. Providing specialized health services through a pool of public health professionals, nutritionists and trained clinicians, supporting government mechanism existing at all levels with support from international donors, UN agencies and INGOs have been some of the key characteristics of the HHESS over the years since its inception.
- To improve the access of the poorest women and their babies to skilled birth attendants and to escape the traps of chronic ill-health, premature death poverty.
- Improve ANM density, ANM attendant births in the poorest communities and improve women life saving and income generating opportunities.
- To save the lives of women and their babies in communities with lowest HDI in Nepal, thus contributing the MDGs
- To improve the density of skilled birth attendant
- To empower young, qualified and socio-economically deprived women from communities with lowest HDI the income generating and life-saving skills
- Auxiliary Nurse Midwife(ANM) | Duration: 18 months | Entry Qualification: SEE pass
For further details, contact
Nima Tendup Sherpa
Phone: 038-20380, 4421093
Email: [email protected]