|Basic info about the academy|
|📆 Established: 1996 A.D|
|🗺️ Jorpati, Kathmandu|
|📧 [email protected]|
|🏛️ Ownership: Private|
|🎓 Affiliation: Kathmandu University (KU)|
About Nepal Medical College (NMC)
Nepal medical college and teaching hospital (NMC & TH) was established on March 08, 1996. Nepal Medical College (NMC), is affiliated to Kathmandu University started MBBS program in December 1997.
Nepal Medical College & Nepal Medical College Teaching Hospital (NMCTH) form two sides of the same health institution, established primarily for imparting Medical including Health Sciences Education for the Daughters & Sons of Nepal in particular and the Daughters & Sons of the Global Community in general. At the same time the NMCTH provides health care services from its Tertiary Care Hospital as well as Community Satellite Health Center and undertakes scientific research.
The mission set by Nepal Medical College (NMC) is to educate human resources for health who are competent and have caring and compassionate behaviour for rendering preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative health care services to the people and at the same time keep themselves updated with the latest trends in medical and health sciences education by self-enquiring minds of biomedical, sociocultural and epidemiological scientific research.
- Sole Nepalese undertaking.
- A self-reliant health institute which shall impart medical education including other health sciences education of undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels to the daughters and sons of the “global community” in general and to the daughters and sons of Nepal in particular.
- Provide health care services to the people from its tertiary care Nepal Medical College Teaching hospital as well as from community satellite health care centres.
- Perform biomedical sociocultural and epidemiological scientific research.
- Become an Institute of Medical Education and Health Sciences Education, which should ultimately be upgraded into a deemed Technical University of Medical and Health Sciences of international repute.
- The goal of Nepal Medical College is to earn itself the name of international fame by imparting quality education to the learners of medical and health sciences education, develop competent human resources for health who shall provide quality health care services to the people of Nepal in particular and the people of the “global community” in general.
- Conduct undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels of medical education programs by embarking upon latest trends in medical education.
- Undertake undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels of programs in different disciplines of Health Sciences education.
- Provide quality tertiary health care services from Nepal Medical College Teaching Hospital and Sub-specialty Health Care and Research Centers.
- Provide general health services from community satellite health centers.
- Conduct continuing education programs.
- Carry out biomedical, sociocultural and epidemiological scientific research.
- Improve the health status of the people of Nepal by bringing in an impact on the health profile of the district where it is established and the country as a whole.
- Develop links with national and international universities/ institutions/ colleges/ hospitals/ organizations/ societies/ clubs/ foundations/ philanthropists and individuals in relation to conducting undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels of academic programs/ providing health care/ performing research/ exchanging faculty/ developing infrastructure/ acquiring equipments/ collecting endowments/ exchanging students / providing social services and overall achievement for the development and progress of Medical and Health Sciences Education and Health Care Service in Nepal.
- Become a self-reliant academic institution of par excellence for the graduate, post-graduate and doctoral level studies in Medical and Health Sciences Education and attain the status of a deemed technical university of medical and health sciences of international repute.
- Doctor of Medicine in Nephrology (DM)
- International Medical Student Elective Program (IMSEP)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Nursing
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Hostel Facility
- Sports Facility
- Extra-Curricular Activities for the overall development
The selection of the candidates is done by:
Kathmandu University Medical Test (KUMET) for Nepali Citizens followed by an interview at NMC under self-financing scheme.
Interview for international candidates by NMC under self-financing scheme.
Candidates who are the citizens of India must submit Eligibility Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi for registration of MBBS application forms at NMC for the selection test by interview, failing which, the candidates will be debarred from taking the selection test.
The final approval for admission of international students to the MBBS program at Nepal Medical College lies with Kathmandu University. Hence, all those international students selected by Nepal Medical College for MBBS program to be started in February 2009, shall only have the status of provisional admission after selection interview until approved by granting of University Registration Number by Kathmandu University.
The nature of the interview shall be the same for the Nepalese and international students and students shall be selected on a merit basis only.
Nomination from Government of Nepal, Ministry of Education for freeship of 10% of total admission number. Interview by NMC shall not be required for the Government nominated candidates.
Top comments (0)