|Basic info about the academy|
|📆 Established: 1999 AD|
|🗺️ Tansen, Palpa|
|📧 [email protected]|
|🏛️ Ownership: Private|
|🎓 Affiliation: CTEVT|
About Tansen Nursing School
Tansen Nursing School (TNS) was established in October 1999. This project is a collaboration between the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) and United Mission to Nepal (UMN). The school runs a 3 years Proficiency Certificate Level Nursing program, with plans to develop a Bachelors of Nursing course in the future.
At present there are 120 students on campus, 40 in each year. The nursing programme is fully residential, with a combination of both classroom teaching as well as supervised clinical placements on the wards at Tansen Mission Hospital. The aims of the school are to produce well-qualified nurses who can contribute to the improvements in health education and the health status of Nepal. Opportunities are also provided to students from remoter areas with the aim that they will return there once qualified. Please click here for access to the TNS photogallery.
We are always looking for new expatriate nurse tutors to help bring depth and experience to both classroom teaching and clinical supervision. If you would be interested in coming to work here we would love to hear from you. Below is a job description for our nurse tutor roles:
Brief job description:
- To undertake classroom teaching according to a pre-approved syllabus (in English)
- To supervise / train students during their clinical placements at Tansen Mission Hospital
- To be a mentor to students.
Skills and qualifications needed:
- Nursing Degree
- Current registration with own national regulating body
- Post-qualification nursing experience
- Previous classroom teaching experience not essential
- Length of term: 4 month minimum to long-term
- Languages needed: English
- Salary or Self Funded: Self-funded
- Is accommodation / flights provided?: No, however furnished accommodation is cheaply available for rent.
- To apply for positions contact: The Principal at [email protected]
- Improved health care will be available throughout the western half of Nepal due to efforts of Tansen Nursing School.
- Tansen Nursing is an autonomous, non-profit, financially sustainable institution made up of public and private partners. It provides high quality nursing education that is affordable and accessible, primarily to applicants from the western half of Nepal. Graduates are serving communities with care and compassion and empowering people to meet their health needs.
- TNS will provide nursing education of high quality.
- TNS will ensure qualified and committed staff.
- TNS will obtain adequate financial resources to make the program sustainable.
- TNS will strengthen partnership relationship.
- TNS will recruit qualified students with an emphasis on access and equity for the western of Nepal.
- Diploma in Staff Nurse | Duration: 3 years | Entry Qualification: SEE pass
For further details, contact
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Top comments (0)