- Is a potassium atom larger, smaller or the same size as a potassium ion? Explain.
- Why does the atomic size increase in going down any family of the periodic table?
- Why do metals form positive ions and non-metals form negative ions?
- Which of the following pairs would have a larger size and why? (a) K or K+ (b) F or F-
- Why does the first ionization energy increase from left to right in a given period of the periodic table?
- Why ionization energy of alkali metals decreases as the atomic number increases?
- Why do the Oxide O-- and Sulphide S-- have negative charge?
- What is the basis of the classification of elements in Mendeleev’s periodic table?
- Why do atomic radii decrease across a period and increase in a group with the increase of atomic number?
- Arrange the elements Na, Li and K in the increasing order of first ionization energy.
- Why is the ionization energy of Lithium greater than Sodium?
- Compare the size of F- and Na+ with the atomic size of Neon.
- Why the size of Cl- ion is larger than Cl atom where as the size of K+ ion is smaller than that of K atom?
- State Modern Periodic law.
- Why ionization energy of oxygen is less than that of nitrogen?
- What is the basic difference between Modern Periodic Table and Mendeleev’s Periodic Table?
For further actions, you may consider blocking this person and/or reporting abuse
Top comments (0)