- What is Lewis base? Give its examples.
- What is Lewis acid? Give its examples.
- Distinguish between a covalent and a co-ordinate covalent bond.
- Hw does a covalent bond differ from an ionic bond?
- What types of bonds are involved in oxygen and calcium fluoride molecules?
- What is octate rule? Name the compounds which donâ€™t obey Octet rule.
- Why water is an excellent solvent for a polar substance?
- Define Hydrogen bond. How is it originated?
- Why does water have such a relatively high boiling point?
- Why is solid sodium chloride a non conductor of electricity?
- Why are metals malleable and ductile?
- Define dipole moment. What is its unit? Mention its application.
- Discuss the formation of potassium chloride and carbon tetrachloride molecules on the basis of electronic theory of valency. Give any two characteristics of ionic and covalent compounds.
- Write short notes on Resonance.
- Give an example of intermolecular and intramolecular hydrogen bond.
- What is meant by metallic bond?
- Each carbon-oxygen bond in CO2 is polar but CO2 molecule is non-polar. Give reason.
- Write one important property of the compound formed by the two atoms x and y whose valence shell electronic configuration are 3S1 and 3S23P5 respectively.
- Give reasons: a) Ammonia has higher boiling point than Phospine. b) CO2 got linear structure while H2O got angular structure. c) HCl has polar character though it has covalent bond.
- Write down the lewis structure of following compounds:
Top comments (0)