- The term dividend may be defined as the part or portion of profit that falls to the each individual unit of shares.
- Part of profit of company that is distributed to the shareholders is dividend. Section 182.
- But in the event of winding up of company, the dividend means the division of company’s assets among its members.
- Any company has the power to distribute its profit to all the shareholders.
- The company has an implied power to distribute dividend from its profits. The power to declare dividend need not to be expressly mentioned in MoA & AoA. So, this is implied power of company other than a profit not distributing company.
For further actions, you may consider blocking this person and/or reporting abuse