This course is based on the job required to be performed by a kitchen assistant at different level of hotel and catering industries in Nepal as well as aboard.
This course intends to provide knowledge and skills of basic culinary arts. It especially focuses on the collecting of appropriate food commodities, storage, and preparation, cooking in the style of continental and oriental. It also deals with the food hygiene and safety issues while handling food. Similarly, it imparts knowledge and skills on French terminologies in relation to cooking and computer application.
After completing this curricular program, the students will be able to:
- To understand the hospitality communicative language required for food knowledge
- To know hotel and catering industries
- To understand the food commodities and their uses
- To know the principle of continental cookery
- To prepare continental dishes
- To understand the food hygiene and safety
- To describe the composition of food commodities and their nutrients
- To prepare oriental dishes
Individuals with following criteria will be eligible for this program:
- Individuals with following criteria will be eligible for this program: SLC with any grade and any GPA (Since 2072 SLC).
- SLC appeared (Before 2072 SLC)
- Pass entrance examination administered by CTEVT
This course will be completed within 18 months (40 hrs/week X 39 weeks a year = 1560 hrs.) class plus 6 months (40 hrs/week X 24 weeks = 960 hrs.) on the job training (OJT).
|1||Hospitality Communicative English TH+PR|
|2||Introductory Tourism and Hospitality TH|
|3||Principles of Cooking TH+PR|
|4||Patisseries and Bakery TH+PR|
|5||Continental Cookery TH+PR|
|6||Nepali and Indian Cuisine TH+PR|
|7||Hygiene and Nutrition TH+PR|
|8||Oriental Cookery TH+PR|
|9||Computer Application TH+PR|
|10||Entrepreneurship Development TH+PR|
|11||On -the -Job Training (OJT)-6 Months|
Medium of instruction:
Medium of instruction shall be in English and Nepali.
Quota: 30 Students
- Rs. 11300/-
- Refundable: 1000/-