Nepal Government, Ministry of Education implemented the letter grading system in SLC from 2072 B.S. The door of TSLC programme is open for those students who have appeared in SLC exam and achieved any GPA and any grade in each subject. Focusing on such students the curriculum of TSLC of 29 months and 15 months have been converted into 18 months to create uniformity among different TSLC programme.
This curriculum is designed for basic level human resources in the field of Agriculture services equipped with knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for this level of technicians so as to meet the demand of such technician in the country.
The title of the program is ‘TSLC in Agriculture (Plant Science)’
The aim of the program is to produce Junior Technical Assistant (JTA) in the field of Agriculture
(plant science), to provide services to the people as a demand of the country.
At the end of this course the trainee will be able to:
- Fulfill the demand of junior level manpower on the field of agriculture (plant science) of the country.
- Start own business in the field of agriculture (plant science).
Programme Description :
This curriculum is based on the job required to be performed by agriculture sector in Nepal. It intends to provide knowledge required for basic level Junior Technical Assistant. It especially provides the knowledge and skills focussing on agriculture and farm management. The curriculum reflects the need of present agriculture services, the professionalism in agriculture sectors, so that the graduates of this program will be readily acceptable by the farmers at community level.
This course will be completed within 18 months (40 hrs./week × 39 week a year = 1560 hrs.) class plus 6 month (40 hrs./week × 24 week = 960 hrs.) on the job training (OJT).
Individuals with following criteria will be eligible for this program:
- SLC with any grade and any GPA (Since 2072 SLC).
- SLC appeared (Before 2072 SLC)
- Pass entrance examination administered by CTEVT
The group size will be maximum 40 (forty) in a batch.
Medium of Instructions :
The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali language.
Pattern of Attendance
The students should have at least 90% attendance in theory and practical classes/ performance to be eligible for internal assessments and final examinations.
- The program coordinator must be a bachelor degree holder in agriculture or diploma degree in agriculture with minimum of 5 years teaching experience after completion of the diploma degree.
- The faculties must be a diploma degree holder with 2 years practical based experiences.
- The demonstrator should have TSLC level degree in agriculture with minimum of practical based 2 years’ experience.
Teacher and Student Ratio
- Overall at institutional level: 1:1
- Theory: 1:40
- Practical: 1:10
- Minimum 75% of the teachers must be fulltime
Instructional Media and Materials
The following instructional media and materials are suggested for the effective instruction and demonstration.
- Printed media materials (assignment sheets, handouts, information sheets, individual training packets, procedure sheets, performance check lists, textbooks etc.).
- Non-projected media materials (display, photographs, flip chart, poster, writing board etc.).
- Projected media materials (opaque projector, overhead transparencies, slides etc.).
- Audio-visual materials (audiotapes, films, slide-tape programs, videodiscs, videotapes, multimedia etc.).
- Computer-based instructional materials (computer-based training, interactive video etc.)
- Teaching learning methodologies
Teaching- Learning Methodologies
The methods of teaching for this curricular program will be a combination of several approaches.
- Theory: lecture, discussion, assignment, group work.
- Practical: demonstration, simulation, observation, guided practice and self-practice.
- The marks distribution for theory and practical tests will be as per the marks given in the course structure of this curriculum for each subject. Ratio of internal and final evaluation is as follows :
|SN||Particulars||Internal Assessment||Final Exam||Pass %|
- There will be three internal assessments and one final examination in each subject. Moreover, the mode of assessment and examination includes both theory and practical or as per the nature of instruction as mentioned in the course structure.
- Every student must pass in each internal assessment to appear the final exam.
- Continuous evaluation of the students’ performance is to be done by the related instructor/ trainer to ensure the proficiency over each competency under each area of a subject specified in the curriculum.
- The on-the-job training is evaluated keeping 500 as full marks. The evaluation of the performance of the student is to be carried out by the three agencies; the concerned institute, industry/organization where the student worked and the CTEVT Office of the Controller of Examinations. The student has to score minimum 60% for successful completion of the OJT.
The grading system will be as follows:
Grading System Overall Distinction 80% or Above
First division 75% or above
Second division 65% or above
Third division Pass aggregate to below 65%
Certificate Awarded The council for technical education and vocational training will award certificate of “Technical School Leaving Certificate in Agriculture (Plant Science)” to those students who successfully complete the requirements prescribed by the curriculum.
Job Opportunity The graduate will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazetted 2nd class/level 4(technical) as Junior Technical Assistant (Plant Science, JTA) in the field of agriculture services or as prescribed by the Public Service Commission.