Attached would be the Excel file that you can make use of to analyze further or to import the details in other DBMS system to extract the answer for the questions as below.
Table 1: Employees
Table 2: Clients
Table 3: Projects
Table 4: ProjectLineItems
Table 5: TaskMasterList
Examine the JC Consulting data and complete the following case exercises/problems:
- Which employee(s) has a salary value of $8,100?
- Which client(s) is or are not a government entity?
- Which project(s) had an estimated start date prior to 1/1/2020?
- List ProjectLineItemID values that are related to ProjectID 3.
- List the name of the client related to Project ID 3.
- Which task(s) is or are not priced by the project?
- For the record with a ProjectLineID value of 7, why does the Quantity field contain 20?
- For the record with a ProjectLineID value of 7, why does the Factor field contain 1.3?
- What is the cost for an initial meeting with a client, TaskID MEET00?
- What is the cost for creating a shopping card, TaskID CODE15?
Apply key module concepts to the JC Consulting case:
- JCC needs to be able to contact clients when problems arise concerning an estimate. What other attributes could JCC include in the Clients table to assist in contacting clients?
- JCC wants the database to include data on all its employees, not just those who may be involved in projects. What additional entities would the DBA need to include in the database to store this data? What attributes?
- What kinds of unstructured data or big data might JCC want to gather in the future?
Q2 asks for
Which client(s) "is or are" not a government entity?
This is asking you to list the client(s) which aren't government entity. Listing ones that are is incorrect.
start date prior to 1/1/2020
This refers to date before and not after.
Q4 asks for
This refers to you requiring to list the values that are present under "ProjectLineItemID" for project's with "ProjectID" 3.
Which task(s) "is or are" not priced by the project
Like for Q2 or point 1 here. List ones that are not priced by project - all.
Q7 asks for "why does the Quantity field contain 20" - this does require you to look on book for definition/answer. The section just below Figure 1-5 -> 3rd last paragraph on that page. Frame your answer based on your understanding there - it is not to be copied.
Q8 asks for "why does the Factor field contain 1.3" - this does require you to look the book for definition/answer. It is the next 2 line after Q7 answer itself. Frame your answer based on your understanding there - it is not to be copied.
Q10 - do not forget to mention the unit.
For "Apply key module concepts to the JC Consulting case" section of questions - give it a new title.
And, then Question number followed by answer to it.
For Q1/Q2 - you just need to list the attributes name to be added.
For Q3 - asks for unstructured data so no specific attribute name required but the category, types of data to be collected like about client feedback and satisfaction for one. You will need to list few and then also explain in a sentence or two of what that will include/cover.