- Regional HR systems have important role to play
- Large number and variety of regional HR instruments and institutions
- Often reflect regional interests/needs/ experiences
- All major regions represented except Asia
- Effectiveness varies across systems
Strong implementation keys:
- An effective enforcement mechanism
- Protection, not just promotion
- Complaints, reports, binding judgments
- Political will of member States
Whether regional systems, adapted to specific local conditions, could threaten the universality of human rights or, on the contrary, they contribute to a wider and deeper implementation of universal human rights?
Regional HR System and Universality
Regional human rights systems should not be seen as dangers for the universality of human rights but as Contributors to the implementation of global human rights in various cultural environments.
Top comments (0)