- Persons belonging to minorities the right to participate effectively in cultural, religious, social, economic and public life.
- It guarantees individual members of minority groups the right “to participate effectively” in national and regional decisions concerning them.
- Draft Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, 1994
- Indigenous and Tribal Populations Convention, ILO 107, which was revised
- Indigenous and Tribal Peoples Convention, 1989 (No. 169) entered into force September 5, 1991.