Physics XI Content
First law of thermodynamics- Old is Gold
- Air escaping from an air-hose at a gas station always feels cold. Why?
- Differentiate between isothermal and adiabatic change.
- Why has a gas two values of molar heat capacities?
- What is meant by adiabatic expansion? Explain.
- Why is Cp greater than Cv?
- Why does internal energy remain constant in an isothermal system?
- What do you mean by internal energy of a gas?
- A cylinder filled with a gas is being carried inside a fast moving train, what change will be there in the internal energy of the gas?
- Is internal energy of an ideal gas, the sum of kinetic energy and potential energy at a temperature greater than absolute zero? Explain.
- Is it possible to increase temperature of a body without giving heat to it? Explain.
- What is the difference between isobaric and isochoric processes? Explain.
- What happens to the internal energy of a gas during (i) isothermal expansion (ii) adiabatic expansion?
- Milk is poured into a cup of tea and is mixed with spoon. Is this an example of reversible process? Explain.