Physics XI Content
Gravitation-Old is Gold
- What will happen to the value of ‘g’ if the earth stops rotating?
- Obtain an expression for gravitational potential energy and establish its dimension.
- The weight of a body is less inside the earth than on the surface. Explain.
- Why an astronaut in a space capsule orbiting the earth experiences a feeling of weightlessness?
- How does ‘g’ at a point vary with distance from the centre of the earth? Where is the highest value of ‘g’? Explain.
- Explain why the moon has no atmosphere?
- What do you mean by geo-stationary satellite? Explain?
- If the sun somehow collapsed to form a black hole, what effect would this event have on the orbit of the earth?