English XII Content
HSEB Question Collection | The Lamentation of Old Pensioner
HSEB Question Collection of English from 2060-2069 BS
Class : 12
Unit 3 : The Lamentation of Old Pensioner
Long Questions asked from this chapter :
1. Why does the poet lament for being an old man?
2. Why is the poet angry with time? How does he express his anger?
Short Questions asked from this chapter :
1. What do you think the poet was like as a young man?
2. Why and how does the poet express his anger towards time ?
3. What is the central idea of the poem?
5. Describe the shifts in subject matter in the three stanzas?
6. What is the tone of the poem: complacency, resignation, rang? Why?
7. Explain the signification of the refrain ‘Ere time transfigured me’.