Physics XII Content
Magnetic Properties of Materials | Old is Gold | XII
1. What are magnetic domains?
2. What is angle of dip? How does it vary from the equator to the poles/
3. Define angle of dip and angle of declination at a place.
4. How does dip vary from place to place on earth`s surface?
5. Why does a bar magnet not retain its magnetism when it is method?
6. Why does a magnet lose its magnetism when heated to high temperature?
7. Above Curie temperature a ferromagnetic material becomes paramagnetic. Why?
8. What are the characteristics of a Ferro-magnetic substance?
9. A permanent magnet can be used to pick up a string of nails, tacks or paper clips, even though these are not magnets by themselves. How can this be?
10. A ferromagnetic substance becomes paramagnetic above Curie temperature. Explain why?
1. The angle of dip in Britain is greater than that in Kathmandu. Why?