Chemistry XI Content
Metal and Metallurgical Principles
1. Name the process for concentration of sulphide ore.
2. Which metals can be extracted from the following ores:
Galena, cinnabar, argentite and zinc blend
3. Distinguish between calcination and roasting.
4. What is meant by aluminothermite process?
5. What is meant by Slag? Why is it important in metallurgy?
6. Which process is applied for the concentration of sulphide ore and why?
7. Can Sodium be extracted by the electrolysis of aqueous solution of sodium chloride? If not, why?
8. Distinguish between flux and slag with examples.