Physics XI Content
Quantity of Heat- Old is Gold
- Why does food cook faster in a pressure cooker than in an open pot?
- How can water be boiled in a paper cup?
- During high fever, a wet cloth is kept on the forehead of a person. Why?
- Why is spark produced when two stones are stricken against one another?
- Explain why water remains cool in earthen pot in summer.
- Why can you get a more severe burn from steam at 100˚C than from water at 100˚C?
- When you come out of swimming pool, you feel cold. Why?
- Fishes stay alive in frozen pond in winter. Explain.
- Why do we feel cold when we spray perfume on our body?
- How it is that ice cream appears cooler to the mouth than ice at 0˚C?
- If you get wet your hand and pickup an ice tray that is below 0˚C, your hand may stick to it. This does not happen to wood. Why?