Physics XI Content
Refraction at plane surfaces- Old is Gold
- Why do in summer, roads often appear to be covered with water when seen from a distance? Explain.
- Why does a clear pool of water always appear to be shallower than it actually is?
- Why does the sun look a little oval then it is at the horizon?
- Why does diamond sparkle?
- A ray of light in air strikes a glass surface. Is there a range of angles for which total internal reflection takes place?
- Can total internal reflection be achieved if object originates in rarer medium? Explain with a diagram to justify your answer.
- If a plane glass slab is placed on letter of different colours, then violet coloured letters appear more and more raised up. Why?