Physics XI Content
Surface Tension-Old is Gold
- Why mercury does not wet glass tube?
- Why does mercury inside the capillary tube made of glass depress when dipped in a reservoir of mercury?
- Why small drops of mercury are spherical and bigger drops oval in shape?
- Hairs of brush spread out when it is dipped in water and cling together as soon as it is taken out of water. Explain.
- We use towels to dry our body after taking a shower. Why?
- Small particles of camphor dance on the surface of water, why?
- Hot soup is tastier than a cold one, why?
- Why is soap solution a better cleansing agent than ordinary water?
- What will happen if a capillary tube of insufficient height is dipped in water?
- The tip of the nib of a pen is split. Why?