Sub-division of Sociology is also known as branch of Sociology.
Some of the branches of Sociology are given below:-
- It is study of cultural- historical facts of Society.
- Sociology usually accepts 50 year's old facts as historical facts. e.g.; Muluki Ain, 1910 B.S – punishment based on caste. New Muluki Ain, 2020 B.S – Abolition of Caste Discrimination.
Sociology of Knowledge
- It is study of knowledge as social product.
- It believes an idea that human society and its very structure can influence knowledge.
e.g.; National Anthem generates love for country in the heart of people.
Maoist's people's song had encouraged Nepalese youth to take part in People's War.
Sociology of Law
- It recognizes law as part of society.
- It studies impact of law in society e.g.; Impact of Muluki Ain, 1910 B.S. in past Nepalese Society.
Impact of Muluki Ain,2020 B.S. in existing Society.
Social or Human Ecology
- It Studies impact of environment upon social life. e.g.; variation of culture, language, dress up, food habit Mountain, Hill & Tarai of Nepal effect of climate change.
- Sociology of Education
- It studies education as and agent of transmission of culture.
- It stress upon the social importance of education and meritocracy i.e., rule by the educated and talented persons. Job placement on the basis of shill & educational qualification not by Nepotism or favoritism.
- It studies relationship between social structures and political institutions, such as government and other organ of state.
- eg; People's aspiration towards freedom determines the government of state as democratic or autocratic.
- It is concerned with economic activities.
- Social Structures determines economic activities e.g.; Rural economy, urban economic, etc.
Sociology of Religion
- It analysis the religious behavior of human beings from a sociological point of view.
- Religious belief determines people's dress up, food habit, etc.
- It studies impact of industrialization is Social life.
- The main cause of urbanization is industrialization.
- Rural economy converted over nightly to urban economy because of industrialization.
- It studies industrial relation, i.e. relationship between employer, capital and labor. (industrialist)