International Human Rights Law Content
- The Convention is extraordinarily comprehensive.
- best interest of the child as primary consideration (Article 3),
- preservation of identity (Article 8),
- children’s right to express opinions (Article 12),
- prevention of abuse by those have care (Article 19)
- adoption (Article 21),
- health and access to care (Article 24),
- right against torture and corporal punishment (Article 37),
- consideration in treatment in penal matters (Article 40) and
- dissemination of the principles and provisions of the Convention (Article 42).