Detail Theories of Thomas Hobes
- Believed that life in the state of nature is “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short”.
- His most famous work is Leviathan.
- Believed that humans are inherently bad because everyone is self-interested.
- Hobbs felt it was best to submit to the will of a Sovereign without question.
- Man entered into government for Safety.
- The main role of government is to protect its citizens.
- Rights and liberty always come after safety and protection.
- Never overthrow the government because doing so creates anarchy and then there is no safety.