Legislative Principles and Law Making Process Content
Function, Duty and Power of the Commission Sec. 10
- To make and case to be made study and research on enactment of new law or amendment of existing laws or the contemporary issues relating to law and justice.
- To prepare necessary draft or draft along with explanatory notes for codification of law and submit to Government.
- To unify or review the prevailing laws and to provide necessary suggestion in this regard to Government.
- To make study about the laws which are absolute, contradictory to each other, unequal, discriminatory, conflicting with human right, international principles, international convention, international treaties, international agreement, important one in the principle laid down by Nepalese Supreme Court as well as unimplemented ones and to submit suggestion or draft to the Government in regard to repeal, amendment or review of such laws.
- To make consultation, discussion and interaction with concerned agency, experts, organization, public and law commission or law drafting agency of other countries in regard to drafting, codification, integration, review, reform and development of laws as per necessity, or to co-work with the concern agency or organization in this regard.
- To launch programs like symposium, seminar and interaction as per necessity in course of reformation of draft of laws.
- To prepare annual report and program of the commission.
- To accomplish other function relating to law and justice as prescribed by the Government.