Private: Evidence Law Content
General rule relating to examination of witness
Section 48 of Evidence Act 2031 states that , there are two type of rule regarding to examination of witness as General rule and Specific rule.
- General rule: the general rules are as follows-
- The witness must be administered oath before giving evidence.
- All witness must examine, wherever possible, on the same day.
- Where there is more than one witness, one witness must not be allowed to hear the other in the court.
- The opponent party must be given opportunity to cross-examine the witness.
- At the completion of the deposition the witness who has already been examined can not be re-examined without permission of the court. With the permission of the court he/she may examined on such matter which has been omitted in the first examination and this proceeding known as Tatimba Sabal.