Legislative Principles and Law Making Process Content
Role of Law Commission
– The Nepal Law Commission was first constituted by an executive decision in 1953.
– 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th commissions were constituted respectively. These all were temporary in nature.
– Till the 5th Law Commission, it is constituted by the executive decision.
– NLC was given permanent status only in 1984.
– In the year 2007, the commission was given statutory body under the “Nepal Law Commission Act, 2007.”
Composition of the Commission:
- The commission consists of 9 members including the chairperson, vice-chairperson and 7 members.
- The secretary is the administrative head of the organization.
- Under the secretary, there are two division headed by Joint-Secretaries, viz. “The Research and Draft Division“.