Private: Legislative Principles and Law Making Process Content
Seven standards for people’s voice or public participation
- The public should have to say decisions about the actions that affect their life.
- Public participation includes the promise that a public contribution will influence the decision.
- This process communicates the interests of people and meets the process of all participants.
- The process seeks out and facilitates the involvement of people potentially affected by the proposed decision.
- The process involves the participants in defining how they will participate, thus the process will be structure.
- The public participation process provides participants with the information they need to participate in a meaningful way.
- The public participation process communicates to participants how their input affected the decisions.
Public hearing is basic form of people’s participation.