Sociology and other Social Sciences and Its Relation
Relationship of Sociology with other Social Science
- With Political Science
- Sociology studies with social relationship, political science studies political relationship. e.g.; relationship between government & opposition in parliament.
- Sociology studies social structure e.g.; family, community, society and its interrelationship and political science studies political structures, such as state, political parties, constitute, political Ideology , ruler etc.
- Sociology studies social rules, norms & values. Political science studies political rules like rules relating to formation of government, election. Vote, protest , political events and its influence
- With History
- Sociology studies social relationship at present.
- History studies social relationship in the past.
- Sociology studies social facts.
- History studies historical facts.
- Historical Sociology studies impact of historical facts in social relationship.
- History is informative & descriptive in nature and it keeps record / human experience, link between future & present.
- History is the past sociology and sociology is the present history.
- With Economics
- Sociology studies social relationship. Economics studies economic relationship and activities.
- Economy says people are wealth gather & wealth disposer.
- Sociology studies impact of economic structure in social relationship eg; study of relationship between rich & poor, industrialist and labor.
- Economic studies scarce means and unlimited end of society.
- Economics studies conversion of resources into goods or serves for social use. That means it studies production & distribution relationship of society.
- With Psychology
- Sociology studies social behavior.
- Psychology studies human or behavior.
- Psychology studies the way in which personality and behavior are influenced by the social context e.g.; Impact of religious behaviors in human psychology. Peoples love for non-violence being guided by Buddhism.
- Relation between Sociology & Law
Sociology of Law looks at law and legal system as a part of society and also as social institutions related to other institutions and changing with them .It regards law as one means of Social Control.
- Sociology studies society.
- Law function (operates) in society.
- Sociology studies relationship between crime and society (criminals).
- Law controls crime and punishes retribution criminals.
- Law provides compensation (restitution) to the victim.
- Sociology studies social institutions such as marriage.
- Law governs social institutions such as marriage registration.
- Sociology studies relationship of society or an individual with property.
Law governs relationship of society with property eg; ownership or right upon property.