|Basic info about the academy|
|📆 Established: 2010 AD|
|🗺️ Lekhnath -2, Retthepani,Kaski, Gandaki, Nepal|
|☎️ Kathmandu Office: 01-2297251, 01-4233318, 01-4233384, Pokhara: 61-538595, 61-550253, 61-534657|
|📧 [email protected]|
|🏛️ Ownership: Private|
|🎓 Affiliation: Tribhuvan University (T.U)|
About Gandaki Medical College(GMC)
Gandaki Medical College Teaching Hospital and Research Center Pvt. Ltd. (GMCTHRC), Pokhara was established in 2007 A.D with the aim of imparting quality medical education to the students from different parts of the world. Presently, GMCTHRC is conducting MBBS, BDS, BSc. Nursing, BNS, BSc. MIT, BSc. MLT, BPH and BPharma Program with the affiliation of TU-Institute of Medicine (IOM). We are happy to inform you that the college has been successfully running in its aim of providing quality medical education and care services to the people.
“Gandaki Medical College Teaching Hospital & Research Centre (P) Ltd. (GMC)” is a health educational institution located in Kaski District of Nepal. It deals with a national priority industry for a medical college and teaching hospital. The project is founded on its own land and is purely Nepalese ownership.
GMC owns about 204 Ropanis (1 Ropani = 5625 square feet thus 11, 47,500 square feet) of land which satisfy the mandatory requisites of the affiliating university and the professional council.
The arrangement of infrastructures are made in compliance with the “Guidelines and Infrastructures Directions for Establishment and Operation of Private and Non-government Health Institutions, 2061” published by Ministry of Health and Population, Government of Nepal.
Be the leading medical college of Nepal and the most patronized health care facility by all sections of society, especially of the western development region. This is possible due to the core qualities of our company.
- Visionary leadership
- Committed and competent staff
- State of the art technology
- Integrity is adherence to regulatory standards
- Exemplary corporate governance
- Our leadership has visions beyond the present state
- This will promote health, education and tourism for Pokhara and thus encompass all the priority sectors of this country and region.
- Our staff is committed and full time.
- They too share the same vision as the promoters.
- There is no substitute for quality and we understand this concept and have invested in the latest technology.
Educating physicians is in-training on the proficient, qualified and compassionate practice of medicine and the advancement of knowledge about the disease, its prevention and treatment as a lifelong educational process. Gandaki Medical College Teaching Hospital (GMCTHRC) provides an acute phase of this education. GMCTH maintains the theory of imparting quality education in the field of medicine based on a combination of humanized needs blended with undistorted international standards and the most advanced medical practices of the modern age. With respect to the fulfilment of its objectives, the college is committed to achieving the following vision:
Serve as a comprehensive education resource by providing quality educational programs to match the best available in this arena.
Prepare its students for the graduate/postgraduate medical and paramedical degrees whereby they will be well-groomed and equipped in all aspects of health care to enter the next phase of their professional education.
Increase substantially the number of physicians from the underrepresented groups. ie. minorities and women. Institute’s research endeavours are aimed at contributing to the development of new health-related knowledge in a variety of areas including preventive and health
Normal growth, function and development
The nature of diseases
Efficient, cost-effective health service delivery system
Health problems of urban and industrialized communities
Educational methodologies for professionals and consumers
Recruitment, motivation and retention techniques for an underrepresented minority student.
- Hostel and accommodation
- Holidays and vacations
Applicant must attach notary certified photocopies of the following:
- Mark – Sheet of SLC/Class 10 or equivalent.
- Mark – Sheet, Certificate, Migration Certificate, Character Certificate, Provisional Certificate, Mark-sheet of 1College or I.Sc. or A level or equivalent.
- TU Admit Card 2011/MOE recommendation letter / Principals recommendation letter.
- Bank Voucher for the amount deposited in KIST Bank Ac Number 003003000021703, Pokhara Branch.
- Nationality (Passport + Visa document) for Foreign National OR Citizenship card for Nepalese candidate.
- Citizenship Certificate of two referees(Not applicable for Foreign Nationals)
- Eligibility certificate issued by the medical council of INDIA (For Indian Students Only)
- Medical Board CHRC – GMC Health clearance.
The College will allocate free tuition fees to ten (10%) percent of students nominated by Nepal Government annually.
- BSc. Nursing