Some qualities of good indexing:
1. Simple: It should be easy and simple to be understood by the entire employees.
2. Economy: Indexing should be cheap and must come under the budget of the organization. The installation and operation cost should be low.
3. Flexible: It should be flexible enough. It must be dynamic and changeable according to the needs of an organization
4. Compactness: It should be compact and should not take unnecessary space
5. Safety: A good indexing system must preserve all the necessary documents from insects, dust, fire, water and so on.
6. Accessibility: Files and folders must be preserved for future and must be easily accessible.