Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology has informed that 15 colleges have lost their permission to operate for not complying with the governmental regulations.
The reasons for cancellation are both financial and non-financial. Under financial, colleges not paying the initial deposit, and renewal fee are some of the primary reasons. While the colleges not coming forward for their annual renewal, and not being in contact with the respective governmental wings are non-financial reasons.
Minister of Education, Science, and Technology, Giriraj Mani Pokharel mentioned that all the private colleges were given ample time to comply with the governmental regulations. However, even after a long wait, few of them disregarded the required which resulted in the ministry to the hard decision of removing their operational rights.
Here’s the full list of colleges along with their approved course which they’re no longer allowed to operate:
- A J Wild Institute of Advanced Studies, Kathmandu
- Bridgewater International College Signamangal
- Malpi International College, Kathmandu
- Capital College & Research Center, Kathmandu
- Everest Education Foundation, Kathmandu
- Kathmandu valley School, Kathmandu
- Orient College, Kathmandu
- Pentagon Education Network, Kathmandu
- Sarin Valley School(Apex Life School) Kathmandu
- South Western State College, Kathmandu
- Cosmos International College, Pokhara
- Gandaki Boarding Higher Secondary School, Pokhara
All the above 12 colleges are no longer allowed to run "A-levels (Cambridge University UK)" which was previously allowed to them.
Below are further colleges and the degree they're not able to run:
- Sky International College, Milanchowk, Butwal, Rupandehi: Master of Science in Information Technology (2yrs) and Master of Business Administration – MBA (2yrs) from Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation , Malaysia)
- Western Mega College, Butwal, Nepal: Bachelors in Hotel Management – BHM (4 yrs) and Master of Business Administration – MBA (2 yrs) from Lincoln University College, Malaysia
- Western International Business School Pvt.Ltd, Dhangadhi, Kailali: BBA (4-years) and MBA (2 years) from Delta International University of New Orleans, USA