Physics XI Content
Dispersion- Old is Gold
- When white light is dispersed by a prism, red light appears at the top of the spectrum whereas violet at the bottom. Why?
- How is dispersive power related to refractive index of the material?
- Explain why a mirror cannot give rise to chromatic aberration.
- Why a number of dark lines seen in the spectrum of light from the sun?
- Why there is no dispersion of monochromatic light?
- What do you mean by dispersive power?
- Explain the meaning of achromatism in a lens.
- What is the cause of dispersion of light?
- Why is sky blue? Explain.
- The sun looks red at sun-rise and sun-set. Why?
- Distinguish between chromatic aberration and spherical aberration.