Travel & Tourism XI Content
Determining factors of tourism
There are various determining factors of tourism which are as follows:
- Industrial development: It has been noticed that more people travel industrially developed places while less visit industrially undeveloped places. The industrial development increases the per capita income and provides leisure as paid holiday.
- Wealth of the society: Money is the pre-condition to travel. Travelling is easier for the rich. So it has been noticed that more people travel from rich and wealthy countries.
- Development of holiday: It has been remarked that many people travel from Europe because their society has accepted the need and importance of holiday and hence, tourism.
- Geographical situations: A country or place surrounded by rich countries or areas receives more tourists than that in remote area. For e.g. more people visit Phewa Lake than Rara Lake in Nepal etc.
- Economic Stability: Tourists prefer economic stability in their own country and the country they are going to visit.
- Transportation facility: It is the pre-condition for travelling. The tourist spot with good transport facility will receive many tourists. For e.g. Rara Lake at Far western Nepal receives fewer tourists than Phewa Lake.
- Religious Places: Visiting religious places, pilgrimages etc have been one of the most important motives of people to travel.
- Natural Beauty: Tourists prefer to visit naturally beautiful places. For e.g. our country Nepal etc.
- Accommodation and Better facilities: Better accommodation and facilities increase the no. of tourists.
- Environment of place of Visit: It is well known fact that tourists prefer to visit clan, nice, pollution-free and peaceful places.
- Accessibility: A region having less or easy formalities receives higher no. of tourists. For e.g. Bhutan is not accessible to many people etc.
- Political Stability: No tourist likes to get involved in political problems of a country he/she is visiting.
- Man-made Environments: Man-made environments draw the attraction of many tourists.
- Peace: None likes to visit in war-time and violent places.
- Hospitality/ Friendliness: Tourists like to visit more to the places where people are friendly or hospitable.
- Recreational Centers: Many countries have developed the recreational centers to attract many tourists.
- Special Events: By organizing special events like sports, visit year etc, many countries are increasing the no. of tourists.
- Weather/ Season: Certain time of year, during better season, the no. of tourists visiting a country will be optimum.