Biology XI Content
Difference between plant cell and animal cell
- Cell wall is present.
- It bears plastids (chloroplast, leucoplast and leukoplask).
- Lysosomes are absent except in lower plants.
- Mature plants cell contains a large vacuole.
- In organic crystals are present.
- Centrioles are absent except in lower parts.
- Reserved food: starch or oil
- It has definite shape.
- Mitochondria are comparatively fewer.
- Golgi apparatus consists of number of distinct or unconnected units called didyosomes.
- Cytokinesis- by cell plate method
- Cell wall is absent.
- Lysosomes are present.
- It contains many small vacuoles.
- Inorganic crystals are absent.
- Centrioles are present.
- Reserved food: glycogen & fat
- Shape may be changed.
- Generally, numerous
- Golgi apparatus is either localized or consists of a well-connected single complex.
- Cytokinesis-by constriction method.