Travel & Tourism XI Content
Different motives/purposes of tourism
There are 8 different motives of tourism which are listed below:
- Physical Motives: Many people travel due to physical consciousness. Their tour is connected with their bodily health, well-being and physical relaxation.
- Pleasure: Many people travel to be free from the monotonous daily routine life. They need pleasure for some time.
- Relaxation, Rest and Recreation: People travel in order to get relaxed, rest their mind and body, and to get recreation and rejoice.
- Heath: Many people travel to get fresh breath and body for good health. The development of spas during the Roman period was result of people to seek good health.
- Curiosity and Culture: Man always loves travelling and is curious in order to know other’s culture, tradition and religion.
- Ethnicity and Family: A large no. of people travel to visit their family, friends and relatives, and also new people.
- Participation in Events/Festivals: Many people travel to take part in meeting, conferences and conventions. Some travel to celebrate festivals and ceremonies.
- Spiritual and Religious Motives: Visiting religious places, pilgrimages etc have been one of the most important motives of people.