Business Studies XI Content
Federation of Nepalese chamber of commerce and industries: formation and functions
Federation of Nepalese chamber of commerce and industry (FNCCI)
It was established in 1965. it is umbrella organization of private sector. It was established for promoting, protecting right and interest of business communities. It provides information advice, consultation and promotional services to business. It organizes training, workshop, seminar and research programs.
Formation of FNCCI
Its all activities, functions, plans policy are managed and controlled by executive committee. Its executive committee consists of 74 members. It is formed in following way
Types of membership
- Ordinary member
- Associate member
- Specific member
- Foreign member
- Honorary member
- Elected by general assembly from ordinary member and associate members → 1 president
- Immediate post president → 1 member
- Elected from various groups → 5 vice presidents
- Elected from various sector of commerce and industry associating representing each region
- EDR → 3 members
- CDR → 3 members
- WDR → 3 members
- MWDR → 3 members
- FWDR → 2 members
5. Elected by commerce and industry association → 14 members
6. Elected by bi national → 11 members
7. Elected by commodity associate → 12 members
8. Elected from among associate → 16 members
9. Nominated by president → 5 members
10. Elected chairperson of regional commerce and industry associate → 5 members
Presidents, post president, vice president, chairperson of committee from standing committee are the members. Standing committee take the urgent things on behalf of executive committee.
- It plays a catalytic role in the business and industrial development and establish sound industrial relationship in the country
- it reinforces business community’s commitment for the society
- it gives advice to Nepal government time to time about formulation of plans and policies regarding industry and commerce
- it provides up to date data and information services to business and government.
- it creates awareness and support for business and industry effort on issues affecting business like social responsibility
- it fosters cooperation with related national and foreign organizations
- it provides business information and research services
- it provides expertise service for exporter, importer as well as investor.
- it helps to promote joint venture.
- it facilitates participation in national and international trade and seminars
- It organizes training, workshop, seminar and research programs.