Business Studies XI Content
Office furniture : meaning and importance
Office furniture is an important part of office management; it is mostly used for indoor activity. Employees working in the office should be provided with comfortable and convenient furniture so that they can work efficiently. The major and most popular office furniture are chair, table, cabinets, cupboards, sofas, racks etc. office furniture are common in all offices. Office furniture should have good design which can help the office to look attractive ad pleasant. In a well furnished office, employees feel comfortable and are motivated for work
Importance of office furniture
- It increases the efficiency of work
- It makes the office more attractive and pleasant.
- It helps to maintain the prestige of office
- It provides better working environment for the employees
- It helps in reducing the fatigue.
- It helps in protection of documents from fire, dust, insects etc.
- It helps in proper storage of files