Computer XI Content
Computer Science HSEB-XI 2069
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Long answer questions
Attempt any three questions. 3×10=30
1. What is an operating system? Explain the functions of operating system.
2. What is memory in the computer system? Explain primary and secondary memory.
3. What is programming? Differentiate between compiler and interpreter.
4. What is Boolean algebra? Describe AND gate, OR gate, NOT gate and NAND gate symbol and Truth Table.
Short answer questions
Attempt any nine questions. 9×5=45
5. Why computer is known as versatile and diligent device? Explain.
6. What is mobile computing? Explain.
Differentiate between analog and digital computer.
7. Convert (110111101)2 binary number into octal number.
8. What is BUS in terms of computer architecture? Explain.
9. Differentiate between Impact and Non-impact printers with examples.
10. What is internet? Write down the uses of internet.
Explain the features of word processor.
11. What is web page? List the features of web page.
Write down the advantages and disadvantages of DBMS. (Old)
12. What is CPU? Write down the functions of CPU.
13. Explain the types of programming errors with examples.
14. Subtract (1100)2 from (1111)2 using 1st and 2nd complement method.
15. Write short notes on: