Computer XI Content
Limitations and evolutions of computer
- Storing and maintain records
- Helping deaf and dump people to communicate
- Controlling the process of production in industries
- Translating text from one language to another
- Transforming information from one place to another
- Playing games at homes
- Logging archaeological findings
- Designing and launching missiles, rockets, etc.
Joseph Marie Charles (called or nicknamed) Jacquard (7 July 1752 (Lyon, France) – 7 August 1834 (Oullins, France)) played an important role in the development of the earliest programmable loom (the “Jacquard loom“), which in turn played an important role in the development of other programmable machines, such as computers.
The Jacquard Loom is a mechanical loom that has holes punched in pasteboard, each row of which corresponds to one row of the design. Multiple rows of holes are punched on each card and the many cards that compose the design of the textile are strung together in order