Computer XII Content
Dot matrix printer
It is an impact type character printer. It prints character by the combination of dots where each dot is printed when the hammer strikes the printing material. It can print both image and text of different font and size. It is appropriate for low volume printing. It is usually available in three operating modes: fast, medium and slow. Faster speed will have low printing quality.
- It can print both image and text of different font and size.
- Its operating cost is low.
- It can print multiple copies at the same time using carbon paper.
- It is noisy, slower.
- It has low printing quality.
- It can print single color only.
- It is not appropriate for large volume printing.