Mass Communication XI Content
Process of Communication
Encode- Translating ideas
Decode- Understanding meaning
Noise- Symantical (language) Noise, physical Noise, Geographical Noise.
The Elements of communication process
Communication is a process that is completed by passing different phases which are calling the elements of communication process. Each element has its particular meaning and definition and they are independently recognized the elements of communication are being discussed as follow.
1. SourceSender:- Source or sender in communication person is very much important part becomes it generates the theme ideasthoughts or the message of communication process. In fact source is the sender which tends to exchange the message among others.
2. Message:- Message also is very important in communication process as it indicates the main theme of communication process. The massage can be in different from like verbal, non-verbal, written, symbolic, signal or any others. If the message is clear, meaningful and easy to communicate, it can obviously catch the audience concentration.
3. Channel:- Channel is any tool that passage message from one place to another one person to the next without channel as message exchange and no message can be delivered. The change also can be categorized in other ways like basic and instrumental channel. For example sound wave is basic channel where as newspapers, radio, television, online, internet are instrumental channel.
4. Receiver:- Receiver is the next component which receives the message from the channel. The massage can be receiver reacts positively, if not it reacts negatively. In this way, the level of understanding, status can differentiate the process of communication. The word audience is very important in the communication process.
5. Effect/Feedback:- Ultimately the message affects the receivers and they response. If the message is good, receivers react positively and give positive feedback, if not; they react negatively and give negative feedback. After all the receivers are informed, it will become the source of message and again the communication process starts and ends.
6. Noise:- Noise is disturbance in the communication process. While the process of communication starts and ends, the hazards, destructions, disturbance may arise and they can be anything. Sometimes the weather may be disturbance, sometimes printing may cause disturbance in the communication process, sometimes radio jingles, etc.