Biology XI Content
Oparin`s and Halden`s Theory (Biochemical origin of life)
Gradual transformation (transmutation) of inorganic compounds to organic compounds and organic compounds to proto cell (life) is called Biochemical origin of life.
It is the process of gradual transformation of inorganic compounds to organic compounds. There are its Five sub-units:-
- Formation of water, methane, Ammonia and Cynamide.
- Formation of hydrocarbons.
- Formation of sugar, amino acids and fatty acids.
- Formation of oxy & hydroxyl derivatives of hydrocarbons.
- Formation of purines, pyrimidines and nucleotides.
Gradual transformation of organic compounds to protocell (life). 3 Steps are:-
- Formation of nuclei acids.
- Formation of co-acervates.
- Formation of proto cell.
Diversification of protozoa into metazoa and metaphyta and various characters.